3.04.2014

'Hello' Card

Less than a month since the last post...not my worst stretch! Things are getting pretty active around the Deeply Rooted house. I've been taking trampoline aerobics classes since the beginning of January, and let me say, if you have a facility close to you (or not close...I drive an hour to my class!!), try it!!! Our class is an hour of cardio and strength training, but come on, you're on a giant trampoline!! We've also signed up for a membership at our local YMCA. The kids will be starting soccer and gymnastics very soon through their programs, so we went ahead and joined as a family. I'll be the first one to call myself cheap thrifty, and if I'm paying to be a member, I'm going!! I've done a few of their classes, and I'm starting to think this healthy lifestyle isn't so bad after all!
So while I was out today before my Y class, I stopped by Michael's and checkout out their latest offerings (aka- clearance section!). I picked up a MME 6x6 paper pack for $3 and some super cute wooden cutouts for $1. While my kids were sufficiently distracted this afternoon, got to play for a bit!! I've had a friend who's been on my mind recently, and I sat down to make her an 'I'm thinking about you' card with my new stash.


The butterfly paper is from the MME stack, and I couldn't help but pair it with some adhesive backed cork (I believe this is DCWV).

See that clean, sealed edge of the ribbon? I used my i-magicut, by Imaginisce. Love it!!!

Next I added my wood piece. At first, I had it right up against the butterfly background paper, but the pattern didn't read well through the letters, so I dug out a left over paint chip to use behind it. And, as always, it's all held together by Glue Dots® (minus the adhesive cork...but I think that might be a little self-explanatory)!!




This is headed out in the mail tomorrow. Hope it brings a smile to her face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment