1.17.2014

Another publication!

Hey everyone! I have to let you know about this awesome new online class I've signed up for. It's hosted by the one and only Christy Tomlinson (swoon!!). She is sharing videos each month explaining her crafty goodness, and I can't wait until I can watch the first video (hopefully that's on the docket for tonight!!). Check out the link to the class here!

This is a project published in this month's Hobby Lobby's Stamping, Stationary, and Scrapbooking Magazine. It was super fun and easy to make, especially since Glue Dots® were holding everything together!
My biggest suggestion for making cards or scrapbooking pages that coordinate but still have a ton of interest is to use papers out of the same stack. You're guaranteed a finished product that stands out from the crowd! I used The Celebration Stack by DCWV for every paper on this card!


I used a lot of stitching on this card: around the blue cardstock, and adding a little detail to the top of the pennant banner. The candle is a paper straw that I cut to size.
I added a little depth to the center by cutting out the same shape that was already on the card and adhering it with a Pop Up Glue Dot®. The Happy Birthday banner is also popped up to match the depth of the paper straw.




No birthday party is complete without a party hat, so I made one of those, too! Using a piece of cardstock from the same paper stack, I made the base of the hat, using Continuous Glue Lines® to adhere the edges together. I made a pom pom from some old yarn to stick to the top.






I was already feeling pretty high on the creative totem pole, so I went out on a limb and decided to sew some crepe paper for the bottom. I wasn't sure how my sewing machine would tolerate the fragile paper, but it went through like a breeze. I stitched a straight line down my folded paper, then used my fringe scissors to cut the edges.


 So I know for a lot of you creative, crafty folks, a magazine publication isn't the biggest deal in the world, but to me, this is huge!! I can't bring myself to actually give this card to anyone for their birthday...maybe some day I'll get over that, but no time soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment